Thursday, December 10, 2009

A Dream Come True..Hello Hubert Goodbye Audrey


I was thrilled and honored to assist Kerry Taylor in preparing the Audrey Hepburn expo in Paris last week and even had the pleasure and surprise of meeting Monsieur Hubert de Givenchy. Later that week I was off to London to witness just another fascinating moment of fashion history as I watched Kerry auction some of the most lovely pieces from such memorable films as 'How to Steal a Million' and 'Two for the Road'. I felt like I was living the most wonderful dream. Months prior I had been at the Givenchy archives with Kerry helping her prepare all of the cataloging and research. Fast forward a few months later I was able to handle some of the most precious dresses in the world and then watch them be sold to collectors worldwide. I'm sure that Audrey is smiling down from the heavens and so proud of the outcome of this wonderful auction, all of Kerry's hard work, the funds that will be donated to charity, Monsieur Givenchy and of course to her friend Tanya who made a big part of this wonderful moment of history possible.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to know you're having fun at something you enjoy and are good at.
    Have a Merry Christmas.
    Love,
    Devilboy

    ReplyDelete